Quick, if you use a stand mixer and a scoop and parchment paper. Nothing fancy, no nuts or candy, just peanut butter-brown sugar cookies, soft and chewy when warm, a little sandy when cool. I didn’t even press the traditional crossed fork pattern into them.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°; line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- 1 stick softened butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in mixer bowl until fluffy and light in color. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt), mixing slowly at first, until dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, drop 16 balls of dough on a standard cookie sheet, about one inch apart. This recipe fills the sheet twice with 4-6 more cookies for the third time. If you make larger cookies, they might spread more and should be set farther apart.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes just until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let sit for a minute before removing cookies to rack for cooling. The hot cookies will seem a little underdone, but that’s fine. They will set on cooling.