The best cornbread I ever ate. I had to change the dairy ingredient to canned coconut milk, but otherwise this recipe is fantastic.
Please visit Shutterbean for the recipe.
Adapted from the website:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a 9×9 pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients–flour, sugar, baking powder, salt–in small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, butter, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened (batter will have lumps).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Check for doneness with toothpick inserted in the center.