I was going to make my Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Cake for the department get-together, but my husband didn’t like the look of the blueberries I picked up, so I whipped up my Sparkling Molasses Ginger Cookies. That left me with lemons and ricotta. So I merged the following two recipes into one that resulted in a muffin with a fluffy texture and a rich lemony taste:
Lemon Ricotta Muffins Full of Sunshine
Heavenly Lemon Ricotta Muffins
Preheat oven to 350°; line a muffin pan with paper liners.
1 cup sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
lemon zest from 3 lemons
juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup almond milk (or cow’s milk or water)
- Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add zest, lemon juice, and ricotta and beat until combined.
- Beat in egg.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until combined.
- Slowly pour in milk until batter thins but still remains a thick batter. I used the entire 1/3 cup of milk.
- Scoop batter into liners in muffin pan. Sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for at least 15 minutes before removing to completely cool. Did you ever try to pick a hot muffin out of the tin and pull the top right off? Better to wait.
One thought on “Heavenly Lemon Ricotta Muffins”